Friday 21 September 2012

Hungarian Goulash with Tempeh

Stolen from - Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker - p 86

  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 500g tempeh, cut into bits
  • 1 onion
  • 2 cups sauerkraut (*sigh* cups - I put it in a measuring jug and did 600ml & forgot to weigh it for this)
  • 400g chopped toms - it says drained but I didn't
  • 1 tbsp paprika
  • 100ml white wine
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds (or "caraway seeds" apparently)
  • 2 tbsp tomato puree
  • 500ml stock
  • 150ml tofu sour cream (not that I used it)
  1. Fry the tempeh to brown it
  2. Cook the onions (it says fry but I boiled them and used the water in the stock)
  3. Put everything but the sour cream into the slow cooker
  4. Cook on low for 6 hours
  5. Before serving, mix up the cream with 150ml of the juice and pour over the top
  6. Serve with noodles, says wide but I've only got stringy that are two years old - life on the edge.

I had it with spring greens, was amazing.

No comments: